It appears as if he will be staying put in Toronto, which will be to the delight of many Jays fans. If he does stay its too bad they had to go through all this nonsense for the past few weeks. You have to wonder if Halladay was looking forward to possibly switching teams, especially after some of the heartbreaking losses the team has been encountering as of late.
A few things to note:
- To anyone who has an iPhone or iPod Touch. Does anyone have the MLB AT Bat 2009 application? If not, I have to tell you, it is freaking amazing and probably the best 9.95 I ever spent. A few days ago the Jays game was featured as part of their TV games and I was able to watch the entire Blue Jays vs Mariners game. It was interesting watching it on such a small screen but I cant even tell you how clear the images were. It is amazing how far technology goes nowadays.
- Looks like the Yanks are going to be calling up a guy from AAA tomorrow. It looks to be either Austin Jackson or Shelley Duncan. I have a soft spot in my heart for Shelley so I hope its him, but if it turns out to be AJax, I guess I can accept that also. I will say though, if you don't appreciate Shelley because you feel he strikes out too often, look for similar results with Austin. I personally do not think hes ready for the major leagues, but I guess we may soon find that out.
- My husband, the great Mark Melancon, finally pitched in a game. About damn time Girardi. I still say the guy should be in the minors if he isnt going to get any work but what the hell do I know. I am just a girl who follows the game. The only experience I have is in complaining.
- Are the Jays really going to trade Scott Rolen?
- Aaron Hill and Adam Lind make me happy, really happy. At least someone on the team (along with Rolen) has decided to show up for the Jays
- Another day, another big player we find has used steroids. I guess at this point you can't be surprised. I think its one of those things where I would be disappointed if I found out someone like Girardi , Jeter, or Leiter used steroids back in the day. Hopefully that's not the case.
- Tough play by Coke. He almost had the ball which would have kept the game going. Instead the winning run scores and the Yanks lose. Oh well close call.