Saturday, June 13, 2009

Yankees Classics

Sometimes you gotta enjoy watching the Classics that are on the YESNetwork. The only bad part about them is the fact the same games seem to be replayed on a consistent basis. I have seen David Cone's perfect game more times than I can count. My favorite of all time is game 6 of the 1996 World Series when Girardi hit his infamous RBI triple.

Anyhow, when I turned the TV on after getting home from the mall, I was excited to see an old World Series game in which the Yankees were playing the Mets. Take a guess as to who was starting the game? If you guessed the loquacious lefty you are indeed correct. A month or two ago my friend was telling me about this song that I would love. I couldn't remember the name of it until last night when Leiter mentioned it during the game. Its called "You Can Call me Al", so thanks for that Mike.

Anyhow, the Mets vs Yanks series are always fun to watch. Yesterday's game had an insane ending and maybe this will be the spark that the Yankees need to wake up. Their starters need to start giving them length to give the bullpen a break. Today the game is on FOX which is lame and the matchup doesn't seem to be great. The Yankees do have trouble when facing guys they have never seen before, so we will see how it goes.In honor of the Yanks playing the Mets, here's a picture of when I met Al in Toronto. It's a terrible picture of myself (I need a picture with him when my eyebrows don't look like crap), as it was probably taken 3 or 4 years ago, but it fits with the name of the blog. Now all I need is a photo of me and Coney, whom is a nice dude. He calls himself trouble, not sure how true that is though.

2 comments:

Kyle said...

I also like watching the Yankees classics. Although they often make too many games a classic and repeat games often.

Last night's game was indeed a classic. Today's game was not a good one. The Yankees just do not hit guys they have not seen. Pettitte was awful. It was a cold rainy day.

Now the Yankees just have to go out and try to play better on Sunday. Easier said than done as the Yankees face Santana.

Oh and speaking of that Al Leiter game from the 2000 WS. It's on Yes right now.

The Commish! said...

Love Yankees Classics!!!

Great pic of you and Al!!!