Pitchers (in order according to their performance so far):
- Roy Halladay- Not surprising to see him on this list. He is 10-1 on the season and is leading the majors in wins and innings pitched. He has 3CG's so far which puts him in second, behind Zack Greinke.
- Zack Greinke- This guy has been one of the very few good things that Royals fans have to look foward to. He has been amazing so far this season going 8-2 with an ERA of 1.55. He is leading the majors with 5 CG's, 2 of which were shutouts. There is no doubt that he will surpass the number of wins he had last year (13) and with him averaging over 7 strikeouts a game, he should be also to reach an all-time high of strikeouts in a season.
- Johan Santana- This guy has been stellar for the Mets and is the strength of their starting staff. His record of 8-3 is deceiving as the Mets bullpen has let him down on several occasions. I placed him after these two pitchers as he is starting in the NL and also is pitching in the ever-so-pitchers friendly ballpark of Citi-Field.
- Matt Cain-He pitches on a team that is far away from New York, but he has put together some good stats for the first third of the season. His record of 8-1 with an ERA of 2.55 is impressive and he is one of the several reasons as to why the Giants are in second place in their division.
- Chad Billingsley-With the impressive start that the Dodgers have had so far, the list could not be complete without mentioning the stats of Billingsley. He has a record of 8-3 with an ERA of 2.73 and has been a consistent pitcher for their rotation.
- Justin Verlander is rebounding from his dreadful 2008 season and has a record of 7-2 with an ERA of 3.02. He is leading the league in strikeouts with 106 and has 2CG's so far in the season.
- Jonathan Broxton has 6 wins so far, as a closer. Crazy right? On top of the 6 wins, he also has 14 saves. I guess the Dodgers are playing in a lot of tied games or those in which they are coming back from from behind.
Any other suggestions for guys that aren't on the list that you think should be?