Monday, May 11, 2009

Toronto, Here I Come!!!!


A warning to my fellow Canadian friends: Christina is crossing the border tomorrow!! That's right, I am heading to see my beloved Yankees take on the Toronto Blue Jays. I am excited for this trip as I absolutely love the city of Toronto. Its fun to walk around and just tour the city. I hope the weather is decent for my arrival though as I am ready to sport my new summer attire.

Anyhow, I am so freaking thrilled for the match-ups. Tuesday (Halladay vs. Burnett) should be amazing and I am thrilled to see Scott Richmond pitching on Wednesday. I have my score card all ready to go like the loser I am. I love pitching duels and they don't get any better than the one on Tuesday.

So what is the deal with the Rogers Centre. How often is the dome closed? Since I generally go to Toronto in July and August, I am used to the dome being opened. I am assuming there is a certain temperature to which they decide it is too cold and needs to be closed? In my opinion, I think the game has a whole different feel to it when the dome is closed. I wonder if they will have it open during batting practice?

So does anyone know that kid Andrew that goes to every single Jays game... Is he still around? The last time the Yankees were in town, Derek Jeter gave him his bat. For anyone who knows me, my obsession for the past 5 years has been to get a real, black, Louisville Slugger bat. It was ironic that Andrew was able to snag that bat. He is a lucky guy.

Well, onto packing. You would never know I am going for 3 days as I have packed my entire wardrobe. I am not sure how this always happens. I guess it is because I am a girl.

6 comments:

Kyle said...

Have an awesome time in Toronto!!

Should be a great series. Yankees can not afford to get swept.

Have a fun trip in Canada!

Bruno Van Rottweiller said...

Christina, Toronto is great isn't it? I'd really like to hear your thoughts on the difference 'tween upstate and Toronto is. I'm curious to know because everyone has their own opinion. I'm in the NYC area and Toronto reminds me of an ultraclean, civilized version of NYC. Anyway have fun, I'm rooting for the Jays but I hope you enjoy the games anyway.

Life Insurance Broker said...

Enjoy Toronto, it's an absolutely magical place and I don't know a person who doesn't love it. It has it all and I hope you'll have a great time when you're here. Have fun!

Lorne

mike said...

are you going to all three games. Halladay has got to be the best pitcher in the AL if not basball. Boy woould he look good in pinstripes.Yankees online magazine is back and running make sure you check it out.

Shamik said...

I'm sorry you had to go to that game. Doc Halladay schooled us once again. It is amazing how much he owns us. Tonight is a must win.

Fernando Alejandro said...

Wait, getting a real Louisville Slugger bat from a specific player, or just any black Louisville slugger game used bat?